RS Rescue’s NFPA 1006 – 2021 Edition HVR Technician Level course will have you introduced to a variety of advanced level vehicle rescue incidents, their challenges and the different tools and equipment that may be required to assist in incident resolution. These types of incidents include heavy vehicles in unique or precarious positions as well as advanced extrication techniques using a variety of different hydraulic, electric and pneumatic tools and equipment.
As part of a team, you will also learn to act as a Rescue Sector Officer (RSO) for portions of the training. As part of the RSO introduction and development, you will learn the importance of maintaining crew safety and the development of stabilization and extrication plans. These advanced skills taught will shape students to begin working as part of an advanced heavy vehicle rescue team. Upon completion of all skill sets, you and your now ready to respond crew will engage in real time staged multi-vehicle extrication scenarios.
This course includes hands on training for EVERY TOOL AVAILABLE AT THIS LEVEL! RS Rescue does not, and will never run a “This is how you would use this tool.” type program.
Space is limited to ensure personal attention for each student and lots of hands on tool time. This program builds on the skills learned in our NFPA 1006 – 2021 edition HVR Operations Level course and will cover all the HVR Technician Level components. Upon successful completion of all of these requirements, an NFPA 1006 – 2021 Edition HVR Technician Level Vehicle Rescue compliant certificate will be issued.
This course covers all NFPA 1006 Chapter 9 Technician Level requirements plus the following:
- Initial and ongoing size up considerations
- Support operations and resources
- Hydraulic tool use, care and inspection
- Advanced stabilization involving heavy vehicle(s) in precarious positions
- Advanced hydraulic tool techniques
- Advanced lifting operations
- Advanced scenario work with your team
- RS Rescue NFPA 1006 – 2021 Edition Heavy Vehicle Rescue Operations Level certificate
- Completion of all Technician Level online pre course testing (access given 2 weeks prior to course date)
- CSA approved safety footwear
- Safety glasses
- Weather appropriate work gloves
- Submit a completed Medical Questionnaire/Waiver form at anytime
- Submit a completed COVID-19 Screening form prior to each day of practical training
- Practical on the training grounds: 1 day
- $500 + HST
- Course fee can be paid when registering.
- RS Rescue reserves the right to cancel up to one week prior to any course in which the minimum registration is not achieved.
- Student must bring: Safety footwear, safety glasses, and weather appropriate work gloves.
- This program is conducted entirely outside. Please dress appropriately based on forecasted weather conditions.
- Candidates should expect to participate in lengthy, physically demanding training exercises and therefore be in good physical condition.
- Use of fire department bunker gear or coveralls is acceptable providing you have permission from the Fire Chief of designate.