Lol, be sure to remember where you left your dog last year!
Machinery Rescue?! That’s right! As of January of 2019, RS Rescue will be hosting NFPA 1006 compliant Machinery Rescue programs. Any of you who have taken our vehicle rescue courses will know that we only hold hands on training programs. This is no exception!
During the NFPA 1006 Awareness & Operations Level 8 hour course, students will be introduced to the various stages of machinery accidents and learn how to safely and efficiently navigate through these stages in a team environment. You will learn how to identify and isolate potential hazards to both you and the patient. We will focus on systematic scene management approaches coupled with a variety of stabilization techniques.
You will go through step by step training evolutions on the safe use of pneumatic, electric and hand tools such as the Dremel, portable band saw, grinder, whizzer saw and much more! The afternoon portion of the day will include real time staged scenarios for you and your team to tackle!
Space is limited to ensure personal attention for each student and lots of hands on tool time. This program incorporates all NFPA 1006 Awareness and Operations Level Requirements. Upon Successful completion of all of these requirements, both an NFPA 1006 compliant Awareness Level and Operations Level Machinery Rescue certificate will be issued.
This course covers all NFPA 1006 Chapter 12 Awareness and Operations Level requirements that include:
- Pre-planning machinery rescue incidents
- Site control and scene management
- Fire suppression and safety measures
- Determining required support operations
- General and unique hazards associated with machinery rescue incidents
- Size up of existing and potential conditions at machinery rescue incidents
- Gathering pertinent information related to incident
- Identifying probable victim locations and survivability
- Identifying and controlling hazards presented by the machine, its position, or its systems
- Use, care and inspection of all tools and equipment
- Protecting a victim during extrication or disentanglement
- Packaging a victim prior to extrication or disentanglement
- Pre-Course E-Learning session must be completed prior to practical training (access given 2 weeks in advance of your selected course dates)
- Submit a completed Medical Questionnaire/Waiver form.
- Submit a completed COVID-19 Screening form each day of practical training.
Click course date to view or register
- Practical on the training grounds: 1 day (8 hours)
- 08:30 – 17:00
Student PPE Requirements:
Student must bring:
- Safety footwear
- safety glasses
- weather appropriate work gloves
- $400 + HST
- Course fee can be paid when registering. RS Rescue reserves the right to cancel up to one week prior to any course in which the minimum registration is not achieved.
- Candidates should expect to participate in lengthy, physically demanding training exercises and therefore be in good physical condition.
- Use of fire department bunker gear or coveralls is acceptable providing you have permission from the Fire Chief of designate. (We don’t need the permission from your chief, just you do!)
NFPA 1006 Awareness & Operations Level Machinery Rescue - Jan 23, 2021
NFPA 1006 Awareness & Operations Level Machinery Rescue - Mar 20, 2021
NFPA 1006 Awareness & Operations Level Machinery Rescue - May 15, 2021