With the RS Rescue NFPA 1006 Awareness Level Vehicle Rescue course in your rear view mirror, you will be ready for the next step, Operations Level!
Building on skills acquired from the RS Rescue Awareness course, students will be introduced to the heavy hydraulics including spreaders, cutters and rams. You will become well versed in the use, care and inspection of all components. Real time scenarios will be included in the afternoon portion of day 1.
Day 2 will have you introduced to a variety of advanced level vehicle rescue incidents, their challenges and the different tools and equipment that may be required to assist in incident resolution. These types of incidents include vehicles in unique or precarious positions as well as advanced extrication techniques using a variety of different hydraulic, electric and pneumatic tools and equipment.
As part of a team, you will also learn to act as a Rescue Sector Officer (RSO) for portions of the training. As part of the RSO introduction and development, you will learn the importance of maintaining crew safety and the development of stabilization and extrication plans. These advanced skills taught will shape students to begin working as part of an advanced vehicle rescue team. Upon completion of all skill sets, you and your now “ready to respond” crew will engage in real time staged multi-vehicle extrication scenarios.
This course includes hands on training for EVERY TOOL AVAILABLE AT THIS LEVEL! RS Rescue does not, and will never run a “This is how you would use this tool.” type program.
Space is limited to ensure personal attention for each student and lots of hands on tool time. This program incorporates all NFPA 1006 Operations Level Vehicle Rescue requirements. Upon successful completion of all of these requirements, an NFPA 1006 compliant Operations Level Vehicle Rescue certificate will be issued.
This course covers all NFPA 1006 Chapter 8 Operations Level requirements plus the following:
- Initial and ongoing size up considerations
- Support operations and resources
- Hydraulic tool use, care and inspection
- Advanced stabilization involving vehicle(s) in precarious positions
- Advanced hydraulic tool techniques
- Advanced scenario work with your team
- RS Rescue NFPA 1006 Awareness Level Vehicle Rescue certificate
- Completion of all Operations Level online pre course testing (access given 2 weeks prior to course date)
- CSA approved safety footwear
- Safety glasses
- Weather appropriate work gloves
- Submit a completed Medical Questionnaire/Waiver form
- Submit a completed COVID-19 Screening form prior to each day of practical training.
Click course date to view or register
- Practical on the training grounds: 2 days
- 08:30 -17:00
- $400 + HST
- Course fee can be paid when registering. RS Rescue reserves the right to cancel up to one week prior to any course in which the minimum registration is not achieved.
- Student must bring: Safety footwear, safety glasses, and weather appropriate work gloves.
- This program is conducted entirely outside. Please dress appropriately based on forecasted weather conditions.
- Candidates should expect to participate in lengthy, physically demanding training exercises and therefore be in good physical condition.
- Use of fire department bunker gear or coveralls is acceptable providing you have permission from the Fire Chief of designate.
NFPA 1006 Operations Level Vehicle Extrication - Feb 6-7, 2021
NFPA 1006 Operations Level Vehicle Extrication - Mar 6-7, 2021
NFPA 1006 Operations Level Vehicle Extrication - Apr 3-4, 2021
NFPA 1006 Operations Level Vehicle Extrication - May 29-30, 2021
NFPA 1006 Operations Level Vehicle Extrication - Jun 26-27, 2021