RS Rescue is one of only a handful of companies in Canada offering NFPA 1006 compliant Technician Level vehicle rescue programs. RS Rescue instructors will guide you through the challenges that rescuers face when tackling these types of incidents. Students will learn about the variety of types of commercial/heavy vehicle(s) and their construction, additional hazards associated with these vehicles, and a variety of tactics that will assist in safe operations and successful incident mitigation. Advanced extrication techniques as well as high lift bags will be offered throughout this program!
This course covers all of the NFPA 1006 Vehicle Rescue Chapter 8 Technician requirements including:
- Stabilization of commercial/heavy vehicles
- Determine and create heavy vehicle access and egress points
- Disentangle victims while providing protection, preventing undue injury and patient stabilization is maintained
- Isolate and manage potentially harmful energy sources
- RS Rescue NFPA 1006 Vehicle Rescue Operations Level certificate
- Pre-Course E-Learning session must be completed prior to practical training
- Submit completed Medical Questionnaire/Waiver form.
- Submit a completed COVID-19 Screening form each day of practical training.
- Practical on the training grounds: 1 day
- $400 + HST
- Course fee can be paid when registering. RS Rescue reserves the right to cancel up to one week prior to any course in which the minimum registration is not achieved.
- Student must bring: Safety footwear, safety glasses, and weather appropriate work gloves.
- This program is conducted entirely outside. Please dress appropriately based on forecasted weather conditions.
- Candidates should expect to participate in lengthy, physically demanding training exercises and therefore be in good physical condition.
- Use of fire department bunker gear or coveralls is acceptable providing you have permission from the Fire Chief of designate.
NFPA 1006 Technician Level Vehicle Extrication - Mar 7, 2021
NFPA 1006 Technician Level Vehicle Extrication - May 2, 2021
NFPA 1006 Technician Level Vehicle Extrication - June 27, 2021