About this event:
RS Rescue’s NFPA 1006 Awareness Level Vehicle Rescue course is the entry level to vehicle extrication. Students will be introduced to the various stages of automobile accidents and learn how to safely and efficiently navigate through these stages in a team environment.
This course includes hands on training for EVERY TOOL AVAILABLE AT THIS LEVEL! RS Rescue does not, and will never run a “This is how you would use this tool.” type program. Some of the areas we will be covering include:
- Proper PPE selection
- Scene size up, safety, and scene support operations
- Identification and mitigation of existing and potential hazards common to vehicle rescue
- Determine and establish the required fire suppression and safety measures
- Various light passenger vehicle stabilization techniques
- Light passenger vehicle construction
- Identify and evaluate various types of vehicles in response area
- Assortment of glass management techniques
- Battery access and electrical system isolation
- Use, care and inspection of common hand tools related to vehicle rescue
- Patient access, care and handling
You and your team will receive instruction in a step by step manor focusing on systematic scene management approaches coupled with an assortment of stabilization tactics. Tactical priorities will be discussed and identified. Real time staged scenarios will be included throughout the training for you and your crew to tackle. These scenarios are designed to build your confidence as we progress through the training.
Space is limited to ensure personal attention for each student and lots of hands on tool time.
- No pre-requisite RS Rescue course required
- RS Rescue online pre course training completed prior to first day of course
- CSA approved safety footwear
- Safety glasses
- Weather appropriate work gloves