About this event:
RS Rescue’s NFPA 1006 HVR Awareness Level online course, students will be lead through the initial stages of common passenger vehicle rescue objectives and firefighter safety concerns. We will deliver this as a two part program. First part is online similar to our previous pre course components. Focus is on the knowledge sets required by the NFPA 1006 standard. A series of videos followed up with section tests. Second part, will be an interactive, one on one session with Lead Instructor John O’Blenis. This will be booked once part 1 is completed.
This program incorporates all NFPA 1006 – 2021 Edition HVR Awareness Level requirements. Upon successful completion of all of these requirements, an NFPA 1006 -2021 compliant HVR Awareness Level certificate will be issued.
This course covers all NFPA 1006- 2021 Edition Chapter 8 CPVR Awareness Level requirements that include:
- Site control and scene management
- General hazards associated with heavy vehicle search and rescue incidents
- Traffic control
- Size up of existing and potential conditions at heavy vehicle search and rescue incidents
- Identifying probable victim locations and survivability
- Making the search and rescue area safe
- Identifying and controlling hazards presented by the vehicle, its position, or its systems
- Identifying, containing, and stopping fuel release
- Patient protection and removal.
No pre-requisite for this course.
$100 + HST