This course includes hands on training for EVERY TOOL AVAILABLE AT THIS LEVEL! RS Rescue does not, and will never run a “This is how you would use this tool.” type program.
RS Rescue’s NFPA 1006 – 2021 Edition Heavy Vehicle Rescue Operations Level course will have you introduced to a variety of large/heavy commercial vehicles, their systems and the challenges they present to the modern day rescuer. This hands on one day course will have you stabilizing and extricating on heavy vehicles including bus and transport truck!
As part of a team, you will also learn to act as a Rescue Sector Officer (RSO) for portions of the training. As part of the RSO introduction and development, you will learn the importance of maintaining crew safety and the development of stabilization and extrication plans. These advanced skills taught will shape students to begin working as part of an advanced vehicle rescue team. Upon completion of all skill sets, you and your now ready to respond crew will engage in real time staged multi-vehicle extrication scenarios.
Space is limited to ensure personal attention for each student and lots of hands on tool time. This program builds on the skills learned in RS Rescue’s NFPA 1006 CPVR Technician Level and NFPA 1006 Heavy Vehicle Rescue Awareness Level courses and will cover all the Heavy Vehicle Rescue Operations Level components. Upon successful completion of all of these requirements, an NFPA 1006 – 2021 Edition Heavy Vehicle Rescue Operations Level certificate will be issued.
This course covers all NFPA 1006 Chapter 9 Operations Level requirements plus the following:
- Initial and ongoing size up considerations
- Support operations and resources
- Hydraulic tool use, care and inspection
- RS Rescue NFPA 1006 – 2021 Edition CPVR Technician Level certificate
- RS Rescue NFPA 1006 – 2021 Edition Heavy Vehicle Rescue Awareness Level certificate
- Completion of all Operations Level online pre course testing (access given 2 weeks prior to course date)
- CSA approved safety footwear
- Safety glasses
- Weather appropriate work gloves
- Submit a completed Medical Questionnaire/Waiver form at anytime
- Submit a completed COVID-19 Screening form prior to each day of practical training
- Practical on the training grounds: 1 day
- $400 + HST
- Course fee can be paid when registering.
- RS Rescue reserves the right to cancel up to one week prior to any course in which the minimum registration is not achieved.
- Student must bring: Safety footwear, safety glasses, and weather appropriate work gloves.
- This program is conducted entirely outside. Please dress appropriately based on forecasted weather conditions.
- Candidates should expect to participate in lengthy, physically demanding training exercises and therefore be in good physical condition.
- Use of fire department bunker gear or coveralls is acceptable providing you have permission from the Fire Chief of designate.
NFPA 1006 Common Passenger Vehicle Rescue - Technician Level - October 17, 2021
NFPA 1006 Common Passenger Vehicle Rescue - Technician Level - November 14, 2021
NFPA 1006 Common Passenger Vehicle Rescue - Technician Level - December 12, 2021