About this event:
RS Rescue’s NFPA 1006 – 2021 Edition HVR Operations Level course will have you introduced to a variety of large/heavy commercial vehicles, their systems and the challenges they present to the modern day rescuer. This hands on one day course will have you stabilizing and extricating on heavy vehicles including bus and transport truck!
As part of a team, you will also learn to act as a Rescue Sector Officer (RSO) for portions of the training. As part of the RSO introduction and development, you will learn the importance of maintaining crew safety and the development of stabilization and extrication plans. These advanced skills taught will shape students to begin working as part of an advanced vehicle rescue team. Upon completion of all skill sets, you and your now ready to respond crew will engage in real time staged multi-vehicle extrication scenarios.
This course includes hands on training for EVERY TOOL AVAILABLE AT THIS LEVEL! RS Rescue does not, and will never run a “This is how you would use this tool.” type program.
- RS Rescue NFPA 1006 – 2021 Edition CPVR Technician Level certificate
- RS Rescue NFPA 1006 – 2021 Edition HVR Awareness Level certificate
- Completion of all HVR Operations Level online pre course testing (access given 2 weeks prior to course date)
- CSA approved safety footwear
- Safety glasses
- Weather appropriate work gloves
- Submit a completed Medical Questionnaire/Waiver form at anytime